Saturday 27 July 2013

Day Six

Captain's log.......

It's been a long week that I was really looking to see the end of, and then my weekend started with the washing machine going bonkers. My sister actually stepped up and called a guy to get it fixed so I'm happy for that. In the mean time I was still able to do a couple loads this morning although it was very in convenient and took longer and I needed to be more hands on. The machine works but not quite right hence bonkers instead of broken.

I bought some fabric to make a quilt for my friend's baby who is due in September. It's a boy and I saw this really cool pattern with cars, trucks and trains on it, then I saw it in another colour and then I saw something similar in yet another colour and then I got something close in a fourth colour. I have no pattern in mind but I just felt like I needed four colours so I am going with that. I'm going to cut it into squares and jellies then work from there. I'll still need to go back to get backing and binding but I'm hoping to get everything done before that shower that we are supposed to be planning but have not started yet.

I'm also on a committee planning a retreat for around the due date with one of my fellow baby shower co-conspirators. Working, planning a baby shower, planning a retreat, making a baby quilt, studying, blogging, somewhere in there I think I can slip sleeping, eating and having a life, plus I am also supposed to be doing the planning of my vacation in a couple months.

Is it strange to visit 5 or more churches in 10 days? I attend Daily Mass and had originally planned just visit one since I have no sense of direction but when I was doing my search I saw quite a few in reasonable distance and the bus directions for those not walkable don't seem that bad. I don't even take the bus here but I'm going somewhere else to do that but I don't really know if I'm up for remembering to drive on the other side of the road as well as trying to remember directions. The last time I was there I was driven around to bad that can't happen this time, oh to have unlimited funds.

I reduced my cable package so I am going through a little withdrawal (although I rarely if ever watch most of those channels) and since my plans for tonight have changed I get to see just how well I'll handle that change. Well I think I have ramble more than enough so I won't suffer any readers further.

One more day to go in the 7 posts in 7 days challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment